Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Midterm Reflection

Most Successful
I feel like my value scale car is my best work so far. This is because most everything worked out just like I hoped it would. I included almost the full range of shading value throughout the car. It was also a very fun unit for me, which made me want to work on it more and do a better job on it. There are a few mistakes here and there, such as the tire looking a little bit flat, but overall, I am very happy with the way it came out. It was the most successful in my opinion because one of my strengths is in shading, and I feel confident doing it, so that made the car look more realistic.

Learned the Most From
Although it may not be my best drawing, I feel that I learned the most from drawing the skeleton (before drawing on right, after drawing on left). This was the very first drawing I did in this class, so I had no previous knowledge on how to draw not only a skeleton, but a lot of things. Drawing the skeleton for the first time was hard because I was sitting on the side of it, not looking at it straight on which made it hard to draw. I learned all about perspective in this unit and that you should only draw what you see, so from where I was sitting, I drew what I saw in the left picture, which turned out much better than the first. I also learned about the bones in a skeleton, and how they should be drawn. With these things I learned, I drew a better drawing than the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment